Friday, June 17, 2011

How to.. curl hair with straightener

Since my hair got quite long, I have been considering purchasing a curling iron in order to vary my hairstyle... I always wear my hair down and straight.  I was looking for some reviews on curling tongs on youtube when I stumbled upon some videos showing how to curl hair with a straightener.  I did try this once before, as I had seen a video by one famous youtuber, but it hadn't worked for me.  I guess her technique wasn't that good.  So I had given up hope of curling hair using a straightener.  But some days ago I saw this video and decided to try it out and it worked!

Using her technique I achieved this look:


I took thinner sections of hair to make it more curly.  I like the fact that it keeps the length of the hair, it's not so curly as to make all my hair spring up and become half its original length.  This type of curl looks young and modern and it's exactly what I wanted to achieve :)

It took me 30 mins max to do my whole head, which is a miracle as I have used my sister's curling tong before and it took me at least an HOUR.  I find this technique easier to do than with traditional curling tongs especially for my long thick hair.  Since you slide the straightener down through the whole length of hair, instead of holding the hair around the tong (as with curling iron), it heats the whole length of hair evenly.  So it makes the curls stay on for a pretty long time too.

For a more curly look, check out this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpl9KYzmJ6s

Amazing all the different looks you can achieve with a straightener!  And I thought it was meant for straightening :p

No comments:

Post a Comment